Three women and a man were injured after a gas cylinder exploded in the Agege area of Lagos.
The incident, according to the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), occurred in the early hours of Monday near a church in the Agege area of the state.
The explosion was said to have emanated from a gas shop following a leakage from one of the cylinders.
Rescuers, LASEMA said, have stopped the resulting fire from spreading to other buildings.
The injured suffered second degree burns and were taken to the hospital for treatment, LASEMA permanent secretary Femi Oke-Osanyintolu said in a statement issued after the incident.
“No loss of life,” he said. “However, four adults (three females) and an adult male sustained various degrees of injuries (second degree burns) as a result of the incident and have been attended to by the agency’s pre hospital care, alongside LASAMBUS .
“The victims have also been moved to Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH.”
“The inferno has been completely put out by the combined effort of LASEMA LRT, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service.
“A post-incident assessment was conducted by the agency’s LRT alongside LASG Fire. The shop has been cordoned to avert secondary incident. The operation had been concluded.”