The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) have restored vehicular movement to the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway after an early morning tanker explosion.
Responders were about concluding the recovery of a truck laden with 40ft container that fell last night at Otedola bridge, inward Berger, when a tanker about 300 metres away from the fallen truck exploded.
The explosion occured at about 2:45 a.m. on Saturday.
The tanker had collided with a truck while moving inward Berger and exploded immediately.
No casualty was recorded, LASEMA said.
The agency’s responders, including its fire team and the Lagos State Fire Service , jointly put out the fire and salvaged a tanker with registration number KJA 662 YA.
It was laden with 33,000 litres of diesel.
The explosion affected the following:
- A tanker laden with diesel with plate no KSF-269 XY
- A 40ft containerized truck with plate no ENU-814 YS
- A tanker loaded with diesel with plate no KSF-271 XY
- A car burnt beyond recognition
- A six tyre truck burnt beyond recognition
- A 20ft containerized truck