The Lagos Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, on Wednesday, made at least seven demands from the State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
Sanwo-Olu visited the Lagos Police Command Headquarters in Ikeja, the State capital, where he met with the officers in the Command, including CP, DIG, AIG Zone 2, All Area Commanders and all DPOs across the State.
Odumosu, while making his remarks, requested several things from Sanwo-Olu.
This was revealed by the Governor’s media aide, Jubril Gawat, via his Twitter account. The demands are:
1. Lagos should foot bills of all police officers that sustained injuries during the last unrest. Governor said: “consider it done” immediately.
2. Government should consider payment of compensation to the families of the deceased police officers. Sanwo-Olu said yes.
3. Lagos should take over the burial arrangements of deceased police officers. The governor said okay.
4. Lagos should give scholarship to the children of deceased police officers. Sanwo-Olu instructed the his education adviser to attend to it immediately through the State Scholarship Board.
5. The police stations that have been burnt down should be rebuilt. Sanwo-Olu said the state has bigger plans for that and the police stations would be rebuilt to proper standards, to something that the police officers would be proud of.
6. Lagos should help continue the building of the L-Wing to a U-Wing at the Command HQ. The governor said construction work will begin before the end of the year once space is available.
7. The upgrading of the Police Cottage Hospital. Governor Sanwo-Olu said he would direct the commissioner for health to look at the hospital and determine what kind of improvements the hospital needs.