Trending

Lagos: No one was killed in Lekki — Sanwo-Olu

No one was killed after security forces allegedly opened fire on protesters in Lekki on Tuesday night, Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has said.

Unconfirmed reports had it that soldiers and police officers killed at least seven people and injured others who keep protesting at the Lekki Toll Gate Plaza following a government curfew.

But Sanwo-Olu denied the claims while appearing on Channels TV this morning. “I can confirm there were no fatalities,” he said.

The governor had earlier blamed the Tuesday night shooting on forces he couldn’t directly control.

“This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger,” he said after visiting injured victims in hospital.

The Nigerian Army also denied shooting at protesters tagging the reports as “fake news”.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button